Esperanza believes in vision trips, not mission trips.
Esperanza believes in vision trips, not mission trips. Inspired by the book When Helping Hurts
by Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert, our model is designed to support lasting change in
materially poor communities and in participants’ lives .
Visitors are offered the opportunity to walk humbly alongside our Associates and come face to
face with poverty as borrowers experience holistic transformation. Equipping individuals to
develop their own skills and gifts rather than creating unhealthy dependence by providing
temporary handouts upholds the dignity of our Associates and shapes our
hearts to be more like Christ.
Join us in the DR
Engage in a 4-day vision trip
- Participate in a Banco de Esperanza meeting
- Visit an Associate’s business
- See a community-led water project
- Experience a local school
Serve through Health Outreaches
Dental exams, nursing care, opthamologist outreach - your medical background is highly valued and beneficial to those we serve.
- Come for a week and use your skills to bless our borrowers with a healthy body as part of our holistic services
|<< Previous | Next >>|